Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Dead Men Tales: The Little-Known Story Behind a Popular Tool

HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Posts: 366
edited 3:26PM in THE MAIN WALL

The Little-Known Story Behind a Popular Tool

In this episode, Dan Holohan shares the fascinating story behind one of the world’s most widely used inventions.

Listen and subscribe here.

Thank you to our sponsor SupplyHouse.com.

Comments

• dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 586
    an, Love the history lesson. Used them tools for 40 years and never thought about who, what, where or when.

Nice to know that the piping industry came from America not CHINA.

Jake
    Voyager
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,290
    Thanks, Jake.
    Retired and loving it.
  • newinnj
    newinnj Member Posts: 36
    Dan,

Thanks for the story. It is unbelievable in this day and age to have an owner of a company to look out for a person and allow them to have patents and actually get royalties from it. I guess it was from a different time and era. Btw the art of storytelling is dying in this country and Dan you will need to really consider in passing your craft of storytelling onto others.

Greg
  • Danielta
    Danielta Member Posts: 2
    Great Story!!! I looked this up on GOOGLE and found the "Stillson" wrench invented by Daniel Chapman Stillson!?! In your story he was Daniel Chapman.... where did the name "Stillson" come from??
  • Danielta
    Danielta Member Posts: 2
    ..... that will teach me to stop in the middle of your story and google something... CLEARLY you told me his last name was Stillson!! LOLOL... sorry for impetuously leaving the story to google and comment!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,290
    His full name was Daniel Chapman Stillson. I held his last name until the end of the tale. As Paul Harvey used to say, “And now you know the REST of the story.”

Thanks for listening. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • Labenaqui
    Labenaqui Member Posts: 12
    Still have Stillson's passed down from my father and before. Some wood handles are split or missing, but they all work in a pinch .....
  • TomWSF
    TomWSF Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for keeping the history alive.
  • RonGallant
    RonGallant Member Posts: 4
    As always, a great story, told with respect and passion.