Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Securing Runtal Radiators

Options
tocker
tocker Member Posts: 30
I'm replacing the fin tubes throughout my house with UF series Runtal panels. I am surprised by the poor quality of mounting hardware. Besides the instructions (and customer service) lacking much detail, like screw size etc, the radiator slides from side-to-side after hanging it. Unless, I am doing something wrong, the likelihood that these can be bumped and knocked off the wall is high. Has anyone encountered this issue and/or know of a solution?

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,677
    Options
    They have to be able to slide because they expand and contract as they heat and cool. The one that I installed weighed enough and was low enough that i wasn't concerned anyone would accidentally lift it off the brackets. If you find the full catalog on their web site they have a lot of installation accessories, maybe there is a bottom bracket to keep them from being lifted.
  • tocker
    tocker Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes, understand the ability to move some, but this UF 3 slid completely off the brackets when I pushed on it very lightly. I would think there would be some limiting function to ensure that it stays on the brackets instead of relying on piping to keep it in place. It is in a tight bathroom and can see it getting bumped from time to time. Most other brands snap into a bracket.