Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Design Help

Options
NoelAnderson
NoelAnderson Member Posts: 49
I am getting ready to install a new gas cast iron boiler in a existing single zone mono-flow tee system that has copper piping and cast iron radiators. The new boiler will have a Hydrolevel Hydrostat and an Alfa 2 pump. I would like to use the Hydrostat Thermal Targeting technology along with the circulator hold off condensation protection and auto differential. I am still worried with the cast iron radiators that the boiler will still condense too much. Can a Caleffi Thermomix Thermostatic mixing valve be used with this setup without affecting the Hydrostat Targeting technology or should I use something like the Taco I-Series mixing valve with outdoor reset. I would like to keep this system as simple as possible.

Thanks,
Noel

Comments

• Dave T_2
    Dave T_2 Member Posts: 64
    Options

Install a loop circulator (standard circulator) on the existing supply and return, control it to run constant during a call for heat. Pipe the boiler supply and return to closely spaced injection tees as shown, again standard circulator, 3 speed is a nice add. This would be the better way to deal with high water content zones to control condensation due to cold return water. Thermal targeting will still work well.
    Supply temperasture sensor shown is not necessary for your application.