Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien combi boiler NCB- 250/150H

Options
Will Navien combi boiler NCB- 250/150H support 2500sqf heating 6 hot water radiators and DHW for 3 baths and 3 kitches total 6 people in Brooklyn NY townhouse ?

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,433
    Options
    prob not.
    Ditch the combi setup. Have an indirect water heater that runs as a sep zone off the boiler.
    waldemar kawalko
  • waldemar kawalko
    waldemar kawalko Member Posts: 14
    Options
    tankless Navien NFB 301C with indirect water heater 35gal will make it work ?
  • kcopp
    Options
    Personally not a fan of navien... dont think they are a quality unit... my $.02
    35 w a mix valve may work but I would opt for a 50 gallon and install a mix valve on it.
    Boost the tank temp to 140F and mix it down to 120F.
    waldemar kawalko
  • waldemar kawalko
    Options
    what tankless condesing boiler are you suggesting ?
  • kcopp
    Options
    The Boiler I have used the most is the IBC HC... fewer moving parts to break. I have 80 of these in the field. The install is the key. If the installer does not install it correctly then it does not matter.
    waldemar kawalko
  • motoguy128
    motoguy128 Member Posts: 393
    Options
    We had dozens of Naviens are my last company out in the field over the last 4 years. Never had a single issue or changed any parts. Except one in a commercial setting that wasn’t maintained. Needed HE flushed and flow sensor pulled and cleaned. Mostly combi.

Just installed a NHB-150 on a former gravity system with an indirect. Customer couldn’t be happier. It replaced a 1 year old Noritz COmbi that was poorly installed and giving them nothing but trouble.

Ironically I reinstalled that used Noritz in my house (have other primary heating sources) and its been fine going on 2 months now. Go figure.
    waldemar kawalko
  • waldemar kawalko
    Options
    seems like boiler tankless condensing boiler with indirect is way to go now question is sizing and brand
  • waldemar kawalko
    Options
    ibc has different setup diagrams which help to figure out my needs and existing conditions