Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Renting a Propress tool - Nassau County LI

Options
LI_CJ
LI_CJ Member Posts: 11
As many on LI, I’m an owner of an older house and really need to spend a weekend fixing some weepy copper joints as well as some lazy work from previous jobs. Number of spots in really tough locations to use flame so considering propress but not sure I want to take the $2000 plunge if (for now) I have one weekend of work.

Do any tool centers or specialty shops rent press tools? Don’t think HD rents these.

Thank you.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Options
    Where ya getting a good propress for $2000...lol
    HD may rent them, especially because they sell them. Look for a plumbing supply house.
    Keep in mind, and I don't understand the term 'weepy copper joints', if your copper is in bad shape (thinned out, or pin holes), pressing may not be the way to go.
    steve
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,639
    Options
    you can also sweat subassemblies out in the open, then unse some combination of compression fittings and unions (or even male and female adapters if you can turn one side of the assembly) to connect those assemblies in the areas where it would be difficult to use a torch.
    LI_CJ
  • LI_CJ
    LI_CJ Member Posts: 11
    Options
    The actual pipe is fine, it’s the solder connection in a few places that is oxidized and dripping ever so slightly.

Tool will get light use and for my needs 1” diameter and less is the application. Is the M12 Milwaukee no good? Reviews look decent..

Where ya getting a good propress for $2000...lol
    HD may rent them, especially because they sell them. Look for a plumbing supply house.
    Keep in mind, and I don't understand the term 'weepy copper joints', if your copper is in bad shape (thinned out, or pin holes), pressing may not be the way to go.

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    @LI_CJ

Someone just posted on here recently about a manual propress tool. I think it's on amazon. I will try and find it.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,520
    Options
    It's on Supply House .com BlueFin copper press tool does 1/2/3/4 and 1"

Probably takes some muscle and could be tough in tight spaces.