Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TT PS 60 E-02

Rich Davis_2
Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
Been having trouble with my boiler lighting. Didn't have any trouble when the temp outside was cold, now that it's warming up when there is a call for heat most times it won't light. When I push resent it will light 1st or 2nd try and runs fine time it' satisfied and there is another call for heat. When the system was always hot in cold wether no problem but now that the systems only needs to be warm, problems. Checked the inginator, replaced a year ago, it looks OK. Any suggestions, Thanks

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,086
    Most likely is the igniter or flame sensor. When was it serviced last?

It's just like a car needs a tune up and a combustion test to be reliable
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    I serviced it last fall before heating season
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,560
    edited April 2021
    Insufficient information. Make and model, I assume it's a Triangle Tube, PS 60 with an error code E-02? (Failed ignition after 5 attempts) You can try unplugging and re-plugging the module and any safety devices in the low voltage circuit. Check the programing, warm weather cutout, if equipped with ODR. Condensate draining ok? Check the gap on the igniter and make sure it is securely screwed to the boiler plate.

Could it be a problem with your thermostat?

You might want to get a combustion analysis with a Tech with a recently calibrated CO meter more so if it has never been done.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,565

Insufficient information. Make and model...
    ...Could it be a problem with your thermostat? ...

HS DUU TITWKC GWTP Da!

Translation = @HomerJSmith, Don't U understand? This Is The Way Kids Communicate. Get With The Program. Dah!

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

HomerJSmith