Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

TACO 007E

Options
My TACO 007-F5 circulator pump burned out that goes to my SuperStor. I bought a new TACO 007E to replace it. It comes with a small white IFC check valve. My old style did not have one. Do I install it with the new pump? I don't see a check valve anywhere in the system.

Comments

• Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 556
    Options
    There are a few "it depends"

It depends upon the rest of your system and also how it is piped and controlled.

A picture of the system (stand back a bit so we can see the pipes and where they go) helps alot.

The 007-F5 could get a check valve, it needed to ordered that way. The 007e comes with it now whether you need it or not. We wanted to make sure you have it and not need it then not have it and need it!
    Dave H
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    If you didn't have it in the old pump and everything worked ok then you shouldn't need it now
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,836
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Agree with @EBEBRATT-Ed, but don't throw it away. If you have 2 or more pumps on the system there may be Flow Control Valves installed to prevent a zone pump or DHW pump from pushing heated water backward thru zones that are not calling. If that is the case, adding a second check valve may cause problems or noise when the water between the 2 check valves expands or contracts as the temperature changes when everything shuts down. There may even be enough expansion or contraction of the water to create a hydraulic pressure or suction "lock" that a pump will not be able to overcome to open the closed valve. I have been on one such service call. Try to figure that one out?
    Ask me if you are curious.

Mr.Ed
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics