Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence not heating DHW

Greetings
I am looking for help troubleshooting an issue with my Triangle Tube Prestige Excellence boiler.
As of yesterday it suddenly quit heating the Domestic Hot Water supply.
It still runs the Central Heating flawlessly.
Currently the TriMax interface status is "DHW Priority" meaning it is attempting to heat the DHW but the temperature of the internal DHW storage never increases beyond 62F.
The Boiler fires on to try and heat the DHW until the supply and return temperatures reach about 185F.

I appreciate any info
Thanks!

-Remy in alaska

Comments

• EzzyT
    EzzyT Member Posts: 1,294
    Sounds like there is no flow from the boiler to the indirect tank, could be a bad circulator pump. 
    E-Travis Mechanical LLC
    Etravismechanical@gmail.com
    201-887-8856
  • remremrem
    remremrem Member Posts: 1

Is it also possible that it could be the Valve actuator? (Item 15 on the bottom image)

kcopp
  • remremrem
    remremrem Member Posts: 1
    In an effort to test if the pump works, I measured the temperature of the pump housing at the inlet and outlet and also the temperature at the valve union.

First I measured it after the DHW had been deactivated for over an hour. The pump housing was about 150F at both ends. The valve was about 135F

Then I reactivated the DHW and watched the pump temperature climb to about 190F on both ends.
    The valve remained steady at about 135F

It seems like if the pump wasn't working, it would not have heated both ends of the pump housing so quickly, so now I suspect the valve is the issue