Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Parts for a older taco ZVC406 EXP

Le John
Le John Member Posts: 226
Hi all - Anyone know where I can get the motherboard plastic prongs that hold the board in place. The plastic prongs broke off from the board. 

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Why/how did they break off?
    steve
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    I would have said look at a radio shack but unfortunately they are not around anymore...
  • Le John
    Le John Member Posts: 226
    Not sure how they broke off @STEVEusaPA . I took the unit off an old tenant boiler and noticed movement inside the box. Sure enough the prongs looked broken off.  It’s an old control but it works. If nothing else I’ll keep it for the 2 transformers. 
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,121
    A small bolt nut, and a piece of plastic tube, like a 1/2' long cutoff from 3/8 poly faucet supply tube can build a repair. I have seen plenty of circuit boards fastened in place with small bolts.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    Le John
  • Wellness
    Wellness Member Posts: 139
    @hot_rod has the right idea. Alternatively, you will probably go down a rabbit hole here and spend more than the repair is worth, but what you are looking for is locking circuit board Support spacers. Maybe Amazon or a specialty electronics shop has them.
    Le John
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,830
    They are pretty standard. next time you replace a circuit board on a furnace or other control, look to see if they have what you need. There may already be something in your junk pile at the shop. (assumes that you do this for a living... otherwise, go to the local repair shop and ask to look thru their junkpile.)
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Grallert
    Grallert Member Posts: 644
    Miss Hall's School service mechanic, greenhouse manager,teacher and dog walker
    Le John