Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

What is this thing?

Hi, does anyone know what this little "pipe" is sticking out the ground next to my boiler. Something from the original boiler? Thanks!

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 8,581
    An unused electrical conduit. Look around the boiler room you will find the other end
    STEVEusaPA
  • speedbird
    speedbird Member Posts: 18
    edited February 16
    Never would have guessed that, because there are two old fuse boxes on the wall (one next to boiler, one next to fire exit), that I always assumed were the original electrical sources?
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 2,686
    edited February 16
    does it go up to the box near the boiler? is that threaded on the end? it looks like a wiped lead joint in that sort of blurry picture.

Oh, i see now that i blew it up, it is just a piece of rigid with a locknut
    PC7060
  • speedbird
    speedbird Member Posts: 18
    Ok thanks! Doesn't sound like anything overly historical or interesting. I'll just sawzall it out of there, to make it easier to vacuum and retrieve my childrens/dogs toys.
  • veteransteamhvac
    veteransteamhvac Member Posts: 15
    My boiler's original gas line, changed when they went to meters I suppose, came up from the ground and was, I'm pretty sure, lead content. Although I'll admit that looks a lot like conduit.