Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens coding

Options
Installed a Vitodens 200 last year. It replaced a steam boiler. Im in the process of renovating an old house and as I go I swap from rads to infloor radiant. I'm pretty happy with the Viessmann except for when we get a big storm off Lake Erie, the boiler does not keep up unless I adjust the curve. The next day when theres not a 25-50mph wind straight off the lake sucking all the heat off the house the boiler over shoots the setpoint of 68 and its 72 or higher in the house. Is there coding to accomodate for instances like this?

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Look into installing the room sensor for the Viessmann . Install it in the coldest room , assume facing the lake . North West . The room sensor will adjust the curve for you ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• gobucks823
    gobucks823 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Ok Thanks. Does that work in coordination with the Vitotrol? I have the Vitotrol on the first floor.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
    Options
    Which of the 200 series do you have? The WB2A ,WB2B,HA series?... Some of the Viessmanns have a time influenced Out door sensing adjustment which you may want to adjust...You also may want to revisit the Curve and Shift as well.
  • gobucks823
    Options
    B2HA
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Derheatmeister: I have been trying to understand the model numbers .... don't want to highjack this tread. I have a 200 B2HA 19. Hard to understand where a given model fits into the series ..... was it all time or did they sell different models at the same time in the 200 range.

I'm sort of noticing the same thing in reverse -- I'm getting too much warm up around 2pm (yes sensor on north side). Slowing down the change would be interesting to try
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 4,009
    edited February 2021
    Options
    I have the Vitotrol on the first floor.
    Which Vitotrol do you have?

I agree with @Big Ed_4, you need some indoor feedback to control the flywheel effect.

But it's interesting that your house is overheating because I imagine with a radiant retrofit, your tubing is not in concrete. Did you use plates under the floor? Or something different?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,545
    Options
    TAG said:

Derheatmeister: I have been trying to understand the model numbers .... don't want to highjack this tread. I have a 200 B2HA 19. Hard to understand where a given model fits into the series ..... was it all time or did they sell different models at the same time in the 200 range.

I'm sort of noticing the same thing in reverse -- I'm getting too much warm up around 2pm (yes sensor on north side). Slowing down the change would be interesting to try

The WB2A model was one of the first 200 series Vitodens imported to the US.
    This was followed by the WB2B and then the HA series just different years and features..

As to adjusting the Outdoor influenced Time constant...Most Installers miss this one !
    In Coding address 2 go to parameter 90 and negotiate it base on a shorter or longer time influence. It may be factory preset to 128 which means that it is set to 21.3 hours for calculating the adjusted outside temperature.
    Up here in the High Rockies we generally make take this down to 1 which is has 10 minute reaction time towards the Outdoor temperature influence.
    Hope this helps.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Options
    Derheat: I have to wrap my head around that one ... I'm going to study the manual. Those address 2 codings are intense. My boiler -- the B2HA-19 was purchased by the previous builders sub on the project. My architect fired the builder and the project sat for a few years ... so the boiler was pushing I think 6 years old before it was fired up late last year. It does not seem to have all the features of the newest -- IE I don't have a fire rate that I can see and when i look at the screen ....
  • gobucks823
    Options
    I have the Vitotrol on the first floor.
    Which Vitotrol do you have? I agree with @Big Ed_4, you need some indoor feedback to control the flywheel effect. But it's interesting that your house is overheating because I imagine with a radiant retrofit, your tubing is not in concrete. Did you use plates under the floor? Or something different?
    I have the Vitotrol 300. Yes I have staple up on the first floor with extruded plates. The second floor is  cast rads except for a remodeled bath with sandwich radiant under tile.