Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hydrotherm AM 100 boiler problem

Options
SEEDOG8
SEEDOG8 Member Posts: 1
My boiler is a AM-100 and in the manual it shows the ignition module as a GC-4A The original ignition module came installed and on the module there are2 wires leading from the ignition module to the fan prove switch. There is no small green light turned on so I assume it is burned out or was the problem. We were able to get it to fire up sometimes after using the orange rocker switch but it did not always come back on line. A number of times I had to wake a friend up in the middle of the night to get it going.
A few years ago I bought another GC-4A as a spare in case the original burned out. It is different from the original which only has GC-4 on it and has a flimsy white plastic cover. The new one is black plastic and made and looks heavy duty. Can you tell me where the wires go on this new one to the fan prove switch to get the furnace working?
I am 3 miles away from my house and staying at my girlfriend’s house so I have to relay all this info to my contractor by cell phone. The reason I am doing it this way is because they brought me back by ambulance from Wnnipeg to Kenora ON on Thursday and I am hooked to a machine which supplies me with oxygen. I have a case of pneumonia.
I have a WI-FI Sensi thermostat so I am able to control the up and down temperature on the thermostat because I want the water circulation pump to move water through all my cast iron baseboards. I have 5 electric heaters in the house and from midnight last night the temperature went from 65F up to 75F at 9.50 central time so I can relax a bit now.
I live 400 miles North of Minneapolis in Kenora Ontario Canada
Gus Hollinsworth

Comments

• SEEDOG8
    SEEDOG8 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    If anybody can get me a phone number for Hydrotherm either in Canada or the USA I would appreciate it. Thanks
  • Steve Thompson (Taco)
    Options
    Hydrotherm got bought by Mestek. Mississauga phone # 905-670-5888.

Hows the ice fishing out there. Lake of the Woods is awesome!
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Hi Gus:

Amazing that there are still MultiPulse boilers still in use.

You can find the electrical diagram in their manual here.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab