Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Did Outdoor Reset stop expansion noises for you, even in cold weather?

Options
I don't like the clicking from my radiators every time they change temperature, and I understand outdoor reset (Tekmar 256) could help by reducing the water temperature when it's not that cold out. But it seems to me that when it's still below freezing, as in this time of year, that I will still have the same problem. Is that correct?

I suppose what I am looking for is a solution that actually slows the heating/cooling of the baseboards so they don't click from the sudden temperature change. Is there any kind of control/feature that would make sure the baseboards always stay rather warm, even if it is less efficient?

Many thanks

Comments

• The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Options
    If you set the outdoor reset control to supply just hot enough water to keep the space warm, during the coldest weather the heat will almost never cycle off. If you have a standard cast iron boiler, you could just set the temperataure down to about 150F and see if it will still heat the space in really cold weather.... often times it will. If it doesn't you can leave it set low in normal winter weather and then just turn it up for the few days when it gets really cold out.

If you have a condensing boiler, the controls should be set to run it as cool as possible all the time with outdoor reset.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.