Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello 40 BF-3 problem

Options
Having problem with Buderus G115/4 Direct vent with Riello R 40 BF-3.
Soon as it fires it shut downs and try’s again
Pump pressure is spot on, does not run long enough to check anything else.
Tech support told me to check electrodes gap and maybe open a little, also maybe down size nozzle.
If I close air gate it runs if I open to clean up fire it goes out. New Control – new Cad Cell – and I was so desperate I changed oil pump and oil valve.
Waiting on Tech support to call me back – any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Did you post this on FB? Seems familiar. With all the snow is the vent and exhaust clear-no build up inside pipes?
    I wouldn't worry about the electrode gap, especially if it's close. I would check to make sure the porcelain aren't cracked. The burner will actually fire if the electrodes are pointing away from each other.
    Check all the wire terminals for tightness, then ohm out all the terminals like it says in the troubleshooting guide. Replace the cad cell eye. Specifically check terminals #1 & #2, power off for resistance, 1350 ohms +- 10%, which is your coil for the oil valve.
    But, I think you're on to something with the air. That was a pretty standard trick to cover half the air band and if it keeps running, start there.
    You probably can't control the draft but you should check it. I don't like that there's no baro on this set up, but if it's way too high that may be the problem. Otherwise, close the air band, get out your smoke gun (and analyzer) and make sure there isn't too much excess air.
    You can feed another standard honeywell cad cell with wires down the air tube, and hook it to your meter to see where you are with flame brightness. Also just for giggles, make sure the end cone is in the proper orientation so the nozzle is centered in the hole. Sometime people take them off and don't realize there is an orientation to them.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

HVACNUTSuperTech
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited February 2021
    Options
    You have a bad nozzle , use gallons and angle what is posted ... Use a B or W nozzle

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jay_insula1203
    Jay_insula1203 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Thanks for the comments, if I leave the cad cell out it stays running until it locks out and the flame looks good. With the Cad cell in it lights fine however the split second the cad cell sees the flame it recycles. I am guessing the second it sees the flame it drops out the ignition and for some the reason the flame will not stay lit without ignition?
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Big Ed_4 said:
    You have a bad nozzle , use gallons and angle what is posted ... Use a B or W nozzle
    They're showing an A or B. Pretty big jump IMO. And at 185 psi. Were the Riello bech test techs just lazy that day, or were they having trouble too?