Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Double vanities, each vented in separate stud bays

Options
maine_way
maine_way Member Posts: 20
edited January 2021 in THE MAIN WALL
Hello all,

I'd like to vent these in separate stud bays and avoid horizontal runs that would sever the wall completely. This also allows me to feed the pipe from below and open the wall selectively.

I am planning in 1.5" for the blue runs in the drawing. And 2" for the red runs which service the wet vent. This seems to be OK with UPC 2015 as I read it. Any comments about the arrangement?

Shawn

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,523
    Options
    I am not a plumber but I think you san tees could go in the vent lines without the upper and lower Y fittings. But we will see what the experts say. What you drew is fine as far as I know
    maine_waymattmia2PC7060
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Hi, As long as they are above the rim of the sinks, you may be able to simplify all this and just use air admittance valves. You would need to leave access to them. Some folks hate them, but they are code and are useful at times.

Yours, Larry
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,293
    Options
    Hi @Youngplumber , I'm corrected! It seems UPC only allows then in island sinks. My code (in California) is different so I've installed many of these and they seem to be working fine. Guess California physics are strange enough for the AAVs to work here. :p

Yours, Larry
    maine_way
  • maine_way
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks for the discussion guys! How about this, then? UPC 2015

PC7060
  • maine_way
    edited January 2021
    Options

• maine_way
    edited January 2021
    Options

I was considering venting the toilet with the wet vent right after the bend, and putting the shower on the vent riser coming from the kitchen. I would need to connect the shower to the kitchen vent vertically or at a 45 deg min angle until I was 6" above shower curb? Is that how that works?
  • PerryHolzman
    PerryHolzman Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Not a plumbing comment: But, you need much better lighting for your mirrors.... Find a lady friend to assist with a walk through of a local home supply store or the internet (and they may want different mirrors). I've got multi-bulb light fixtures above all the bathroom mirrors in my house (including mine - I appreciate the good light as well: Note that we have all of those on dimmer switches so that they are not always on super bright.

Perry
    maine_way
  • maine_way
    Options
    Hello Perry,

These mirrors have an integrated LED ring around them on the front (activated by touch), and are also backlit for drama. No way to see that from the image though...

Dimmers are essential! The general lighting for the bathroom is a hidden light source rope light on a dimmer that washes up from the cove on the wall.

Shawn