Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Missing Cap on Thermostatic Controller

Options
I am missing a cap that helps manually control an thermostatic controller actuator. The red plastic cap says B&G on it. Pictures are below. Does anyone know where I can purchase these?

My570

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    That's actually the stem protector for the valve. The other half of the valve (this is a thermostatic radiator valve) never got installed. The installer would toss the red cap in the trash. If you had the other half, it would be able to sense the room temperature you select and keep the radiator from overheating.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Lyle {pheloa} Carter
    Options
    The stem protectors, usually doubled as a temporary control during construction. You should be able to manually control the temperature by loosening or tightening the cap. I checked on the B&G website I didn't see any TRV controls listed, you can call them and Technical Support should be able to tell you if something is still made. If not there is a company in Chicopee Mass by the name of Tunstall that produces a adapter for that valve, so you can mount their control on it. You can call them and they will be able to tell you the nearest distributor of their equipment and give you the part numbers.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,530
    Options
    I think B&G was purchasing these from another manufacturer at the time.
    Retired and loving it.