Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What would be the best way to pull off a radiant zone

Options
Afoux
Afoux Member Posts: 2
I have a lochinvar knight I installed a couple years ago that heats up fin tubed baseboard as well as cast iron baseboard now we’re looking to add a radiant zone in the bathroom I pulled off a dedicated circ pump when I built the manifold my plan was to hit a mixing valve combining the supply and return before it went into the manifold but I feel it won’t dampen the temperature enough for the floor. I’m using joist track so the radiant is under the 1/2” durarock and 3/4” subfloor.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    A 3 way mix valve is usually easiest. Connecting into your piping depends on your layout. Is it piped primary secondary, a low loss header?  A pic or drawing would help
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Afoux
    Afoux Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Options
    The uponor manifold with flow meters will be just to the right of the water heater along with the mixing valve the circ pump 3rd up from the bottom is the pump for that system. I was also thinking because the indirect isn’t set up on priority I could run the radiant off of priority that way when it runs it could do so at its desired temperature.