Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

watts radiant heating: seeing some water at supply line is this ok?

Options
billww
billww Member Posts: 3
Hello, I am seeing water between the white pipe and the red tube. Is this bad? I recently had the balancing valve adjusted to turn on one of the lines on that was off.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Hopefully the water is coming from above and not below.
    If you tie a rag around that tube between floor and manifold and hope that the rag gets wet.
    billww
  • billww
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I have a feel that the water is coming from below. I don't see any evidence of water coming from above.

Could you please describe to me in the proper terms where the water is coming from?
  • JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    Water can be elusive running down a pipe....even tie toilet paper around it to confirm it is not coming from above.

It is possible that that tubing circuit is leaking under the floor and this is the easiest point for the water to escape. That tube looks stressed coming thru the floor in the sleeve, all others look pretty straight.
    Shut the boiler off and then shut off the water supply to the boiler and watch the pressure gauge. If it drops there is a leak somewhere.
    ------DO NOT leave the water supply off with the boiler turned on, unless you have a Low water cut off safety device------

Do you have high ground water.....underfloor water supply lines?

Do the pressure drop test first.
    Check back
    billww
  • billww
    Options
    You're right! The water seems to be coming from above. When I shut the circuit off, water seems to leak out very slowly from the start of the supply line.