Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

HVAC workers being left out of priority Covid vacinations

I just reviewed Chicago's Tier 1 B vaccination guidelines, which includes grocery store employees, factory workers, and other groups, but HVAC workers are not included in this tier any other until the general public is vacinated. I believe those that have to work on forced air systems and ventilation systems that are extremely likely to be contaminated certainly need to be high priority. I suspect this is the same throughout the U. S. I believe it may be time to call your elected officials to preserve the safety of our industry's worker's.
Fortunately most of our work is in steam, so our guys level of exposure is likely to be much lower than those regularly working with air handling equipment.
To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
Intplm.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Go to Change.org, and start a petition to have them in the Tier 1 catagory.--NBC
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    @The Steam Whisperer

You make a good point. I am concerned about the states inability to get the vaccine out. Nationwide the Feds have 34 million delivered to the states but only 1/2 has been administered
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,883

Go to Change.org, and start a petition to have them in the Tier 1 catagory.--NBC

This ^^^^^^^^^ is an excellent idea that @nicholas bonham-carter suggests.
    It used to surprise me that those who make the rules almost always forget the trades.
    Nowadays, I just expect it. We are blue-collar and mostly unseen. Forgettable.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    We had to be exposed to it by now , I never tested but had some symptoms . I don't know about you but have to assume you were out there with me taking care of the families is quarantined....
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,250
    As of 6:00 AM yesterday (Saturday) morning:

41,411,550 doses distributed
    20,537,990 doses now in arms

Most of the doses on refrigerator shelves are spoken for with a name assigned. I have a couple mid 70 YO friends who have appointments this coming week.

I've been tracking this for several weeks. It's moving along and ramping up.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
    I DIY.
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    FWIW, in early December, NEFI and a national coalition of energy, HVAC, plumbing, and refrigeration associations sent a letter to the CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Procedures calling for our industries' essential workers to receive priority immunization access. More info here.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com
    HVACNUT
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,762
    Funny , why are names are assigned ?
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • WMno57
    WMno57 Member Posts: 1,250
    @Big Ed_4
    Governor Jim Justice of West Virginia said that in an interview on WGN's News Nation. scroll to the bottom of this page and listen if you want.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/politics/govjustice/

I think he meant they are willing to make appointments for all the vaccine they currently have, they are not holding back. The vials contain multiple doses and are thawed as needed. So they probably don't actually write 10 names on each vial 2 weeks out. They are in the deep freeze until day of use.

I DIY.