Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

adjustable Steam vents "emerson swan" - one pipe system

Options
Hello Everyone,
I just wanted to get some feed back on "Emerson swan" adjustable angled steam vents for a one pipe steam system. Pro's and Con's . Thanks everyone!

Brian

Comments

• Pumpguy
    Pumpguy Member Posts: 656
    Options
    I could be wrong, but It looks like those are Tunstall vents with Emmerson Swan's name on them. Haven't dealt with these vents in a while. Maybe Emmerson Swan has acquired this line.
    Dennis Pataki. Former Service Manager and Heating Pump Product Manager for Nash Engineering Company. Phone: 1-888 853 9963

The first step in solving any problem is TO IDENTIFY THE PROBLEM.
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    Options
    Those are more commonly known as Vent-Rite #1. Excellent radiator vents. Probably one of the best.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,525
    Options
    As @Fred said they are Vent Rites, says so on the box. Other companies maybe re-brand them
  • The Steam Whisperer
    The Steam Whisperer Member Posts: 1,215
    Options
    Emerson Swan owns Ventrite (along with a lot of other companies). We use those vents for nearly all applications except in rentals where people tend to mess with settings and throw the system out of balance. However, we will probably never buy a single vacuum pump for thier Skidmore division.....horrible customer service and a smug attitude. Its no wonder that Shipco has had several years of record breaking sales in a row.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,525
    Options
    @The Steam Whisperer

Boy, ain't that the truth about Emerson. I will go a little further. They suck. No customer service and very arrogant and there right here in Massachusetts as well. In 46 years I gave up trying to work with them. Completely hopeless. I complained to Taco once but that went nowhere, I guess they sell a lot of Taco pumps so nobody cares. We went to Skidmore as well the local rep is pretty good
  • ksd99
    ksd99 Member Posts: 77
    Options
    I live vent rite the best. Almost all my rads have them.
    New owner of 1 Pipe Steam Boiler - learning all I can- no real steam pro in S.W. Michigan - if you know of 1 -let me know.
  • Bigbri0104
    Bigbri0104 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for the information everyone.
  • Bigbri0104
    Bigbri0104 Member Posts: 28
    Options
    These adjustable vents work great! It definitely helped balance my one-pipe steam system, because one of my radiators was venting to quickly, and because of its location being close to the thermostat the boiler would shut down because the thermostat was satisfied.
  • dabrakeman
    dabrakeman Member Posts: 552
    Options
    I have always preferred the adjustables as well. Have mostly Hoffman 1a's but hear great things about the Ventrites. Adjustable is nice because depending upon your home usage variance what is optimal balance one day may not necessary be what you want on another day. We of course are Empty Nesters. :)