Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Access bleeder valve in recessed radiator?

I recently moved into a new (old home) and have experienced loud banging in my radiators. After a visit by a plumber I need to bleed these. I have easily accessible valves in some rooms, but a couple of recessed, under window radiators. I can see the bleeder valve behind these outer panels, but I am not sure how to access them. Can anyone point me to how these panels might come off for access? Thanks!


  • epmiller
    epmiller Member Posts: 17
    Those look like convectors. Is that a sheet metal shroud? If so, pull straight up on that front panel, it should rise maybe half an inch and then the bottom will swing out. Don't go far, just enough to pass the lower hanger rail and drop it back down to release the top. Install in reverse order.
  • oldhouse_rva
    oldhouse_rva Member Posts: 2
    Fantastic - that worked, that you very much!