Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Solution for heating Jacuzzi/Tub

Options
2»

Comments

• SuperJ
    SuperJ Member Posts: 609
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I think that’s part of your heating system.  Must be a tempering valve for some infloor or something. 

Is it behind the boiler?  The pump arrangement looks like a heating loop. 

• JohnArnold
    JohnArnold Member Posts: 19
    Options
    SuperJ said:

I think that’s part of your heating system.  Must be a tempering valve for some infloor or something. 

Is it behind the boiler?  The pump arrangement looks like a heating loop. 

Nothing behind the boiler. And the pipe going to the tank just goes into the ceiling, so I can't access it.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Options
    Are you using the tub for the kids? Ask because it's my observation that over time the use of those tubs drops off. Built a house with one years ago ... have removed one from two purchased properties when remodeled. We still have one at a group family vacation house. IMO the best solution is always a dedicated on-demand water heater .. no waste of energy holding extra water for weeks waiting for use and it's got all the firepower to fill the tub quickly when you need --- all independent of the rest of the property.

The problem you have: Normal usage causes a problem ... how often and when? Is the solution to just wait 5 min after a couple showers .... or don't shower right after kitchen clean up and starting the dishwasher. Are the showers water saving ?

Getting a huge tank can solve the problems. If you continue to to use the tub often the standby loss of the large tank is more palatable ... Also, modern tanks are well insulated.

I'm of the mind with tubs .... fill them fast. I have no problem grabbing another cup of coffee on a Saturday morning --- to give the water heater 5 extra minutes after three people shower to insure enough water. I have no desire to stand around watching a tub fill with water for 15min.

If the current set up works 95% of the time outside of the tub ... I would leave it all alone and get the tub supplied on it's own.