Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien NCB 240 pump air locking

Hey guys So I had a Navien NCB 240 with a bad 3 way valve and then cracked space heating strainer assembly. I replace both parts and then filled system by hooking up a laundry valve to drain valve on pump manifold (ie exterior boiler drain not on purge setup). I purge the two zones and have a steady flow of water no air. When I start the boiler up and call for hot water or heat the boiler heats up to 210 and locks out with error code E001. So I assume waters not moving and pump issue. I ran test on pump and get some water from drain buy non from brass plug but can see pump spinning. I tried loosing cap on air vent on top of pump and get some air out but still no water coming from plug. I'm  being told the pump is air locked and need to replace. Trying to see if anyone's had this experience or if I'm doing something wrong in the filling up stage. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Trying to help lady living on social security. Worse part this house use to be steam and some non profit thought it be a good idea to rip out and put in baseboard heat with tankless which I doubt system ever condense. Sad.

Comments

• danitheplumber
    danitheplumber Member Posts: 85
    My mistake I should of purge through service ports of primary loop to get air out of actually boiler...
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,718
    So is it fixed?
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • motoguy128
    motoguy128 Member Posts: 393
    Should have air vent on top of boiler.  They usually self vent fairly well after a few minutes.  

Retrofit Baseboard is horrible with combis.  Usually need 180f+ water.  With ODR will save a little in spring and fall.  
  • danitheplumber
    danitheplumber Member Posts: 85
    She won't return my calls or text. Any suggestions with that?