Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacing Old Heat Timer EPU (Red Board?)...EPU-D, Platinum, Tekmar?

MJW
MJW Member Posts: 7
Hi All,

I help to manage a single pipe steam, 70 Unit apt building. We're looking to replace our trusty old Heat Timer EPU Control (Red outdoor sensor) with a new control.
Not sure that we need internet connectivity but variable clock and burner lockout via condensate return sensor seem to be worthwhile upgrades (though we are very rarely overheating).
The 60 minute cycle does work well for us. But I can imagine stretching the cycle length somewhat to 65 - 70 minutes.
And maybe having Day cycle start an hour later on weekends.
Does anyone have recommendations for the replacement control board between the Heat Timer EPU-D, Platinum, or Tekmar?

Thanks much!
- Mike

Rockmills 125HP Boiler/ Iron Fireman Dual Fuel Burner

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,517
    I would use a Tekmar I installed a few of those and they worked well and less $$$$$$ than a heat timer.

How about a picture of your Iron Fireman burner? I installed a lot of those. Out of business now.

!25 HP Maybe a C-240K gas oil burner. Just a guess. And that is if it is gas/#2 oil not heavy oil Heavy oil/gas would be a PAGO 6.3 or a AGO 6.3

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    One pipe or two?
    Many Heatimer controls were installed on systems which were out of balance, and poorly (main) vented, so it would be wise to check on that part of the system at the same time.—NBC
  • MJW
    MJW Member Posts: 7
    edited January 2021
    @nicholas bonham-carter, Single pipe steam. We have been fixing the distribution system over the last few years. Biggest addition were (2) antlers, (3) Gorton #2's each. And then many Gorton D's on distant radiators.
    @EBEBRATT-Ed, Pictures attached of Iron Fireman C240-GO-SMK