Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Installing New System 2000 - Do I need a Full Service Contract Covering Parts and Labor?

jmunger
jmunger Member Posts: 2
We are looking to replace our oil burning furnace with a System 2000, and do plan to have regular annual service for cleaning and regular maintenance. We plan to have a 40 or 50 gallon storage tank installed at the same time. The HVAC installer will provide the heating oil, and he is highly rated in our area in southern Maine. Given the fact that the System 2000 is so highly rated, what is the benefit of having a full service contract that covers all parts and labor (which is considerably more expensive) as opposed to a basic annual cleaning fee for a brand new system?

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    I would assume (bad word) your installer would guarantee his work for one year so dont think there is any need for a contract. It's a gamble after that...
    jmunger
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 16,084
    You shouldn't need parts for a few years although anything mechanical can fail at any time.

If it was me, I would just get basic maintenance at least for the first few years.

But in the end it's all about your comfort level. Paying for a service contract is fine as long as they are doing a good job
    jmunger
  • jmunger
    jmunger Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2021
    Thank you for your speedy replies! And Ichmb, I have been around the block enough times to know that much in life is a gamble. My aim is to do what I can to be as educated as possible about what I am getting into with the high stakes gambles.