Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carlin Ez pro

Gaijinksm
Gaijinksm Member Posts: 4
I have a new to me Carlin Ez pro burner, I installed the burner in my powder coating oven and kept getting the no flame detected failure so I took it out and replaced the flame sensor assembly and while it was still not installed hooked it up to a propane tank and fired it up. Success!! Well I thought put it back into my oven and it’s back to flame failure. My oven is 4ft wide and 7ft tall by 8ft long with no burner box yet( haven’t built it yet). I took the ez pro back out put it the drive and fired it back up and it works again....

Why would it fire outside and not inside? It’s not restricted in the oven at all and has good flame....

Comments

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,452
    Good question. Is the powder coating oven connected to a flue?

You hooked it up to a propane tank, are you using propane inside the oven as well?

Do the electrical connections at the oven provide an equipment ground? Do you have the same gas pressure when firing it inside or outside the oven?
  • Gaijinksm
    It’s exactly like outside I did nothing different, picked it up moved it inside to my oven a stuck it through the 8 inch hole and tried to start it.. I did mount it to the back wall but it sticks through the wall a 1/2 inch
  • Gaijinksm
    Was still hooked up to the same propane tank. I took it loose again from the back wall laid it back from the wall with a 3-4 inch gap between the burner and the wall and it fires up...
  • Gaijinksm

• EBEBRATT-Ed
    You may have the air shutter open to far
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,803
    What type and size chimney? There may be way too much draft. 
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    Fire looks way lean to me but that's a guess without a test