Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello 530 SE vs 530 SE/C

Options
wrooper
wrooper Member Posts: 58
I have a BF5 that had a single instance of getting stuck in prepurge. I did a hard reset [turned the power off] and it started back up fine and has worked for 2 weeks now.

After discussion with Tech Support we determined that it may be the control so out of an abundance of caution I ordered a new control box, part 7001029 [530 SE] with a new CAD cell [eye]. The new box wouldn't fire my boiler, it would only prepurge. My old [working ] box is a 530 SE but has a "C" in the next field, The new one had no "C".

Speaking with parts dept indicated the 530SE was the listed part for my boiler [old part # 3001157, new #7001029] and the parts dept had no other information. I haven't had any luck getting back into contact with tech support but I will keep trying.

Anyone run into this before? Is there a jumper or other mod I need to do with the 530SE to make it a 530SE/C?

I do have a postpurge kit [the new AL1009] on my burner as it is direct vented.

Comments

• Jellis
    Jellis Member Posts: 228
    Options
    I believe the only difference is the /C has a terminal for Tstat wires...the control you got should work fine.
    try the troubleshooting chart?
    https://www.wrprodrill.com/upload/documents/flagro--riello-oil-troubleshooting-chart.pdf
  • wrooper
    wrooper Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks Jellis

Minutes after my post I got a call back from Riello Tech Support. [I had been through the troubleshooting chart] He indicated that the "C" doesn't matter ["24V is the designator for the stat wire terminal model] and that it was much more likely that the Cad cell that came with the new control was faulty.

For others that find this post. The Euros have outlawed the use of Cadmium so the new "eyes" are another tech and are a problem area. .
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Well they banned the making of them, not the use of ones already made.
    steve