Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

No Water Flow

Options
I have cast iron baseboard with a manifold system using actuators. 1 zone has 2 loops of CI BB. 1 of the loops has no water flow even though that radiator has no air bubbles in it and the valve at the baseboard is open (the CI BB in the house used to be setup on a loop system with diverter tees originally before it was switched to home runs and manifolds.
There are no kinks in the pex-AL-pex. Could the baseboard valve be clogged to point there is no flow even with the valve stem up/open? I tried opening and closing the valve. Also at the manifold, the actuators are open, the flow setter is open and no flow is moving.

I am at a loss. Thanks,

John R.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Check to see if the actuator plunger valve is stuck . Remove the power head to check spring loaded valve . Hit it with penetrating oil .
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
    rick in Alaska
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    or try closing / slightly closing valve to working loop
    known to beat dead horses
  • neilc
    neilc Member Posts: 2,703
    Options
    one circulator or two?
    known to beat dead horses
  • johntrhodes81
    johntrhodes81 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    The plunger under the powerhead is stuck. I guess time for oil.
    Thanks.
    The manifold with the issue is on a seperate circulator.
    Thanks
    John
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,441
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I would not use oil, but would use silicone spray, preferably one with out petroleum distillates or ether. Petroleum distillates can some times weld plastic parts together. I use a Sprayway product that the air conditioning guys use.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,137
    Options
    They usually stick because they have a build up on the stem. You may need to disassemble and clean, or replace the stem and valve assembly. A cleaner or spray may not get down past the o-rings to where the problem is.
    Here is an example of a new one and a gunked up one.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream