Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat exchanger cracked?

Options
Does this video look like heat exchanger cracked? Tried doing match tested but to much air from blower no matter what tube I put match in and I doubt every tube cracked. It's also only 7 years old. Main roll out switch popped twice in 30 day but other one never pop. I installed new roll out switch and ran it and it did not pop. Just figure I get second eyes on it.

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,667
    Options
    Look at the burners while the blower starts, they shouldn't change when it starts. It is more likely to be an issue with the vent, either not designed right or blocked by something. did you look inside the heat exchanger from the top and bottom to make sure it isn't plugged up with carbon?
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,667
    Options
    Or, make up air, which is likely your problem given your other post.
  • danitheplumber
    danitheplumber Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Ya I did suggest to have chimney checked. Doesn't seems it's been issue in pass with air combustion. Do furnace get caked up like steam and hydronic boilers do with carbon? Not much signs of carbon build up...
  • danitheplumber
    Options
    The flame doesn't really change or roll out or change colors or roll when blower comes on like you see in videos of know cracked heat exchanger that why I assume it's a faulty roll out
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    @danitheplumber

I would check the draft, make sure the furnace isn't plugged. It's probably not you would usually see soot evidence. Also check the gas pressure on the burner manifold, make sure burners are clean
  • danitheplumber
    Options
    Everything pretty clean which helps. Even the room is nice and clean. Fully tiled mechanical room!