Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tips for Improving Short Cycling?

Options
2»

Comments

• AdmiralYoda
    AdmiralYoda Member Posts: 630
    Options
    I'm going to buy one of those Macromatic TR-6512U and give it a whirl.  I took a look at the datasheet and don't see any mounting features.

How do you guys mount it?  I suppose I could always use an epoxy adhesive if I had to.
  • acwagner
    acwagner Member Posts: 505
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Make sure you also buy the mounting socket for the timer. It doesn't come with it.

I just zip tied my assembly to the gas line, as that was the closest rigid thing to the control wiring j-box on my setup. The mounting socket also has places for mounting screws, so that's an option too.
    Burnham IN5PVNI Boiler, Single Pipe with 290 EDR
    18 Ounce per Square Inch Gauge
    Time Delay Relay in Series with Thermostat
    Operating Pressure 0.3-0.5 Ounce per Square Inch

• PMJ
    PMJ Member Posts: 1,265
    Options

I'm going to buy one of those Macromatic TR-6512U and give it a whirl.  I took a look at the datasheet and don't see any mounting features.

How do you guys mount it?  I suppose I could always use an epoxy adhesive if I had to.

Best thing is to put up a piece of DIN rail somewhere. Almost everything mounts to that now - terminal strips etc. I am perpetually in a state of experimentation so it is nice to just be able to clip on a new device.

Attached are photos of the whole unit and just the base on a DIN rail.

There are also 2 holes you can see to screw the base into anything.
    1926 1000EDR Mouat 2 pipe vapor system,1957 Bryant Boiler 463,000 BTU input, Natural vacuum operation with single solenoid vent, Custom PLC control
    PC7060