Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell R7284U1004

Options
morsed222
morsed222 Member Posts: 1
I have a Honeywell R7284U1004 and its reading a "hard lockout" what can I do?

Comments

• 426hemi
    426hemi Member Posts: 79
    Options
    You can reset it one time not once an hour or once a day one time. Do you have oil in the tank? Did you run out? It could any number of things if you have oil in the tank and didn’t run out recently call someone to look at it could have any number of issues I don’t want to sound like a **** but if you don’t know what could cause a lockout you shouldn’t attempt to fix it other then bleeding air and resetting it once and only once 
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Agree^^^
    It went on hard lockout because it (and/or you) tried resetting 3 times and the control detected an unsafe condition.
    It is also probably that unburnt oil was pumped into your chamber for at least 45 seconds.
    Make sure you tell the tech that before they try running it.
    It's time for a competent tech to come out and correct the unsafe condition.
    Please don't push that button again.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,859
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I agree with both @STEVEusaPA and @426hemi

You already pushed the reset button 2 times. that is why it is at "HARD LOCKOUT" only a professional should resolve the problem now. The "Safety" control with the reset button is there for your safety. It is like when you forget your bank password and put the wrong password in 3 times then it locks you out. Your money is safe from hackers but you can't get to it either.

You call the bank to get into your account. Well, you need to call your oil burner repairman to get the heat back on. I can think of 10 things off the top of my head why you don't want to reset it anymore. At least 6 of them are dangerous. The other 4 will just cost you more to get it fixed if you do get it to reset again.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?