Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Aquabalance a 02 code

Options
andymar
andymar Member Posts: 25
Two years ago installed a WM Aquabalance 120k gas combi boiler. No issues until now. Hot water not working. Unit displaying an alternately flashing "a" and "02" error code. I unplugged same and hit re-set. Unit is now working. Can't seem to find this code in WM literature. Would like to know if anyone has knowledge of this code or suggestions to prevent any future issues. Dark winter upon us in Northeast US. Thank you and be safe.

Comments

• andymar
    Options
    Just an up-date. The unit is now back in error mode after having run the heat this am. And to clarify the error is a capital "A" followed by the "02".
  • andymar
    Options
    Another up-date. I have found the fault code A02 to be False flame indication. Conditions being perhaps#1- electrode fault or #2- ignition cable fault. Corrections are #1- check ignitor electrode wiring electrode deformed/misalligned and/or improper gap 5/32" or #2- check ognition cable. Under Maintenance section of manual it describes with illustration of how to remove ignitor for inspection and carefully clean off any white sediment on the ignitor with steel wool. My question is #1- Is this something I as a very handy person could handle , #2- Is this common (the unit is located in a pantry which includes a cat litter box,dusty, though unit does draw exterior air for combustion) and #3- Is there some cautions I should be aware of. Thank you.
  • nickmlane
    nickmlane Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Did you ever get anywhere with the A02 error code? I am going through it right now and am quite stressed out right now because I have no heat and 4 kids.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Replace the igniter and flame rod sensor. (if any)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    I read the manual , you can try to clean the igniter . It seems the flame sensor is through the igniter .

The concern would be the gasket that seals the igniter to the chamber . If it breaks you need to replace it. Fine steelwool is what I would use . Check the gap from the manual ..

There was an error rendering this rich post.