Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

2 firomatic valves ok?? 1@ burner.... another 1@ oil tank...

LS123
LS123 Member Posts: 466
Hello All,

I seen that in addition to having a firomatic valve by the burner, but one on the oil tank..... Although I rationalize having one on the tank as for safety....

would there be performance issues, if I were to add a firomatic valve on my oil tank?

Thanks!
\-LS123
Thank you!
@LS123

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    If it's a gravity job, no problem. It's only one at the tank if the tank is indoors. Otherwise it's basically one where the oil line enters the house and one at the burner.
    There's a lot of problems with the failure rate of them, manufactured at certain time, and in general.
    Even with the 'vacuum trick' it's annoying at best and disastrous to have to replace the one at the tank. I know put a ball valve at the tank, firomatic before the filter and/or tiger loop, and that's it.
    If it's a lift job, you'd want to check the vacuum. But if everything is tight, no vacuum leaks, and the vacuum isn't too high, it's also fine.
    OSV is more important to me on a gravity job than a fail-o-matic.
    steve
  • LS123
    LS123 Member Posts: 466
    @STEVEusaPA , thank you! I have the tank inside, burner is less than 10 feet away from the tank. tank is about 2 feet above ground / burner level, and its a indoor tank.
    Thank again!
    Thank you!
    @LS123