Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vendor choice: Experience with HEATLINK product, tech and support

Options
Hi,

I am currently choosing a aprovider for a 3800 sqft retrofit underfloor hydronic staple up and 'dry above' heating installation. The location is in Canada.

My first question was whether I want to splurge on warmboard at least for the ground floor 'dry above' installation. However I am convinced that a neat dry-above installation using aluminum heat transfer plates is a good solution and more economic.

Second question is which vendor to use. I rule out the low budget (US based) online vendor optiones. Uponor quoted very high prices for the extruded heat transfer plates which do not seem justified by the expected increased performance. I found heatlink which has features which I like: pricing catalog transparent on the website, quick response to enquiries, much more reasonable prices, it seems a lot of 'smart' and remote control capabilities and a core product which seems to adress my needs for staple up and dry above in a straigth forward way without too much fancy and costly extra.

I would be grateful for references as to their product and tech as well as their business conduct before committing such a large investment to heatlink.

I appreciate you sharing your experiences and optinions..!