Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

York furnace problems

Options
I’m reaching out with the hope that I can get some help with my York furnace as it’s been acting up for the second winter season in a row and it’s beginning to get cold.  Last year the furnace would run for a little bit but then would turn off.  I would have to turn the power off and it would turn back on and run. The code on the control board showed it as ignition lockout due to retries.  I pulled the connector from the control board reconnected and it ran all season long.  This year how’s we it started acting up again so I ordered a new flame sensor and replaced it. It was running fine for a little bit but now I’m getting three lights blinking and getting pressure switch stuck open.  If you touch the molex on the control board the light goes back to green and it fires up again.  But then after running a few minutes blinks three red again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don’t have a multimeter unfortunately to check voltage.  I ordered some parts because they are a way out to get to me. I ordered a control board as well as pressure switches.  I am leaning towards a faulty control board as it starts working after touching the molex wires or putting pressure on the molex.
thanks in advance

Comments

• mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,646
    Options
    Did you push the molex all the way back together until it locked when you disconnected and reconnected it last year? Depending on how it is mounted you might have to hold both halves or wiggle it to get it to seat fully.
  • talbritt209
    talbritt209 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes I did that and made sure that it clicked in. Inspected the molex and all of the wires appear to be pushed in all the way as well.  
    Seabee5701
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,524
    Options
    Without a meter your guessing. You can get them cheap at a big box or hardware store.

Sounds like you have a bunch of intermittant problems. I would pull all the plugs of the control board and check them. Sometimes a little oxidation (if your cellar is damp) on the plugs and connectors......it doesn't take much to stop 24 volts
  • Seabee5701
    Seabee5701 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Could be the control board. I will see if i can.post pictures that show the back of  a control board that is burnt, causing those same type of problems. 
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    I think the control board is doing its job . Maybe last year it was a dirty flame sensor . Now you have an open pressure switch . Remove and inspect the rubber tubing from the draft inducer and clear the ports the hose nipples with a paper clip . Don't kill the messenger ...
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all