Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ROTH panels radiant floor

WillC
WillC Member Posts: 23
edited December 2020 in Radiant Heating
Hi there,

Not sure yet on ordering this product or not. Any guidance on best practice to install Roth panels on a 3/4' plywood subfloor for a new house? Panels will receive engineered floating floor, can it be installed directly on them? Will using this technique damage the EPS foam over time and create some irregularity on the floor?

Thanks

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    I have done a number of homes with Roth panels throughout. I used foam adhesive and a, 1-1/2" wide crown staple to fasten them to the 3/4 subfloor. In some rooms T&G flooring was nailed over the panel. And yes they did hit a few tubes as the hardwood guy insisted on red rosin paper over the panel, so the installers could not see the tube !
    In bathrooms they put WonderBoard, cement backer board, over the panel, then the tile.
    An engineered flooring, either fastened or floating should be fine. They tend to be more stable than the solid wood flooring.

I built a tiny home with Roth panels also, a thin underlayment nailed over it, then glue down cork, bamboo floating is some areas.

Keep an eye on humidity in winter especially, that is what causes wood to want to expand and contract, wide swings in indoor moisture.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Guillaume
    Guillaume Member Posts: 1
    Thank you hot_rod, appreciate the answer.