Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heat pump water heater.

Options
13»

Comments

• Icarus
    Icarus Member Posts: 143
    Options
    We (currently) are required to temper to a max of 120f, but I don’t know about a 140f temp. It is my understanding of legionella is that if you have lots of daily flow (no dead legs) legionella is not a issue. Also, if in doubt you can program a boost to 140 once a week. HPWH can do that. Icarus
    Macro
  • Icarus
    Icarus Member Posts: 143
    Options
    I have thought of that, but haven’t ventured into it yet. Sort of on the shelf for now. Icarus
  • pmeagher
    pmeagher Member Posts: 0
    Options
    I apologize for a late comment (and for not reading every word of the thread), but (for what it's worth) my $.02 is that my Rheem also reverts to resistance despite the fact that it's in HP Only mode. This never happens in warmer weather and only occurs for about 5 - 10 minutes at a time. After repeated calls to Rheem they told me there's no way to prevent this. (As noted earlier, they're trying to reduce complaints of cold water. Most folks probably don't realize it goes into resistance mode for short periods.) I have a mixing valve on my HPWH, and often run it up to 140 degrees during periods of low electricity prices.