Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar WHN integrated control board parts

Options
Hi everyone,

I recently had a control board failure on my almost 10yr old WHN110, after some trouble shooting it was determined that the ignition coil was weak/failed which is soldered to the board and not individually replaceable. I replaced the board and was back in business.

However now I have a serviceable spare board with the exception of a dead coil.

I have tried through my supplier here in Edmonton to determine the P/N for the coil and haven’t had much luck, neither searching the internet.

Since this site is a deep well of info I’m wondering if anyone would have a P/N for this coil or an idea where I could source a similar one. It’s three soldered connections on the board and appears easily replaceable. There are a pile of numbers on the coil on the new board as well as a QR code that my phone won’t read, the middle pic is the new board.

The integrated board P/N is 100167833, shows as RLY30075 in the Lochinvar IPC.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Considering all the safety functions for the boiler pass thru that board I would not consider a rebuild attempt.

Part of the cost of that board is the liability that falls upon Lochinvar, not me or you.

Just like the cost of ladders are what they are for the simple construction of them..........lawyers.
    Limamikemike
  • Limamikemike
    Limamikemike Member Posts: 28
    Options
    JUGHNE said:

Considering all the safety functions for the boiler pass thru that board I would not consider a rebuild attempt.

Part of the cost of that board is the liability that falls upon Lochinvar, not me or you.

Just like the cost of ladders are what they are for the simple construction of them..........lawyers.

Thanks for the reply,

I’ve repaired many a ladder over the years too.

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,061
    Options
    I see, but if that ladder collapses and injuries are involved, the person who "fixed" it is now responsible for the accident, even if the repair was not the cause.

The same applies to boiler control boards, gas valves etc.
    IMO....FWIW