Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Replacing Navien Three way valve

Big Ed_4
Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,919
I have two to replace , Came across two within the same day , for the first time . Hot water no heat . I could not purge water though supply . Black and Red have voltage , black and the other color does not ...

I have the valves , extra gaskets for behind the circulator and plenty of seals for connections , with plumbers grease .

Any tips or tools needed to replace would be appreciated

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 2,030
    Find an apprentice with very small hands
    fenkel
  • Big Ed_4
    Look Like I will find out...

• Mr_Doyle
    Mr_Doyle Member Posts: 3
    board has to come out. circulator has to come out. then you can remove 3way. need about 6 o rings. as well as plumbers grease. don't rip the o rings. im probably doing one of these this week. pro tip. buy magnetic screw drivers.
  • Big Ed_4
    I installed my first today , I know now if there is no union between the 3 way and supply pipe cut it out and you will need to install one . The 4 small screws under the cabinet holding the valve , need a straight alignment to remove . To make a short story long it sucked . Give me Bosch

• Mr_Doyle
    Mr_Doyle Member Posts: 3
    Big Ed_4 said:

I installed my first today , I know now if there is no union between the 3 way and supply pipe cut it out and you will need to install one . The 4 small screws under the cabinet holding the valve , need a straight alignment to remove . To make a short story long it sucked . Give me Bosch

ya im kinda hoping i can undo the screws. and spin it out inside cabinet.