Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ergomax E23

Snowmelt
Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,422
First time I saw one of these. This particular application it was used as a heat exchanger not using the domestic water. Customer had a steam boiler and a wet loop off of it. Not piped correctly, told me he moved there 5 years ago. Didn’t have a problem till just now. No heat call. The baseboard loop was all air. Took me 1/2 hour to find how to fill it correctly but was able to do so with no problem. Only this was the add a loop wasn’t done correctly. Since the domestic water wasn’t being used I told customer that he doesn’t need the ergomax because they have a new water heater, would that be a correct statement

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,801
    So the steam boiler is gone now?
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 8,556
    edited November 2020
    Snowmelt said:

I told customer that he doesn’t need the ergomax because they have a new water heater, would that be a correct statement "" />

I like your style, tell the customer what you want, with authority, so they believe you!!!, then come here and ask if you are correct. LOL

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

GroundUp
  • Snowmelt
    Hot rod , they have an older steamer, it was oil, has a gas conversion kit, most of house is all rads. Just the addition is baseboard, so someone bought this ergomax and had baseboard and domestic water.....
    at some point most likely there wasn’t gas in the house. Now there is gas and put domestic 40 gallon water heater. So they just have the ergomax doing the baseboard.
    They really don’t need the ergomax, and just put the add a loop on the steam boiler.
  • Snowmelt
    Yea Ed I’m good like that, although I saw the post from another steam head on here where he bought a steam boiler with the domestic water coil and used that coil to do a baseboard application....... so I looked rather smart on telling him that info.
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,801
    It is not a bad application for a reverse indirect, actually. lots of copper in those tanks, makes for excellent heat transfer.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Snowmelt
    I said the same thing to myself, but when on a steam system do you need the add a loop with two flow check valves? Also serves as a buffer tank.