Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell RedLINK Wireless Thermostat System

Options
I installed one of these in 2012 and it has worked flawlessly, but I remember being surprised that the zone panel didn't have an end switch to turn on the boiler. I had to add a relay for every zone. Have any of you figured an alternate way to find a dry contact as I have another install coming up?
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• motoguy128
    motoguy128 Member Posts: 393
    Options
    I’m confused, wouldn’t you just use the W ouput from the zone panel to call the boiler? The boiler I assume has a pump relay already on it. Don’t really need end switches if you use a ECM circulator and a differential bypass.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    RH and W are a dry contact if you remove the jumpers

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    RH and W are a dry contact if you remove the jumpers

I always thought that if you remove the jumper, only Rh is connected to the transformer. The jumper is removed when the a/c unit has its own transformer.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    HVACNUT
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    I’m confused, wouldn’t you just use the W ouput from the zone panel to call the boiler? The boiler I assume has a pump relay already on it. Don’t really need end switches if you use a ECM circulator and a differential bypass.
    It's because the boiler already has a pump relay on it that an isolation relay is needed. Can't combine two 24v power sources.
    @Alan (California Radiant) Forbes, I don't see why a set (or 2) of dry contacts can't be incorporated into the zone panel. It can do almost everything else. Its not just HW, I haven't seen that option from any manufacturer. We install a GP relay in the air handler, W from Equipment on the panel energizes the coil and closes TT (RW) at the boiler relay.