Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lennox cold collector box gasket

mattmia2
mattmia2 Member Posts: 10,220
I am looking for a cold collector box gasket for a Lennox g32q3-75-2 furnace.  I can't seem to find a parts diagram for it.  Also, why does a little foam gasket cost $30? I just need the part number, I'm not sure which is the right gasket for this model. The cold connector box has the condensate trap built in to the right side of it.

Let me back up a bit.  The furnace has thrown condensate in to the inducer blower it seems ever since it was new about 18 years ago.  I took the blower apart and replaced the bearing maybe 16 years or so ago and the condensate nearly immediately ruined the new bearing so I have a spare inducer fan and have just let it run until it fails.  I want to remove the cold collector and make sure it isn't clogged somewhere.  Is there anything else I should check?  I keep the boot that connects to the exhaust pipe and the condensate drain tube from that clean.  The housing for the inducer fan has a little bit of condensate dripping out of it and I have a lid to a jar under it that collects it and allows it to evaporate without getting all over the inside of the furnace.  Could this be caused by return air temps when recovering from setback?  Is there some updated design that addresses this issue?

Thanks

Matt

Comments

• SuperTech
    SuperTech Member Posts: 2,212
    I don't know why,  but almost every single high efficiency Lennox  furnace I've seen leaks condensate to some extent. Regardless of model or who installed it.

I think its just a Lennox thing. Harleys leak oil, Lennox's leak condensate. It never seems to be enough to cause much of a problem. I wish I could be more of a help, wondering if anyone has this experience. 
    mattmia2
  • mattmia2
    Then maybe I'll just go with the original plan of replacing the bearing again with a stainless bearing and packing that bearing with wheel bearing grease
  • mattmia2
    I forgot about the part where i broke the housing and glued it back together when I replaced the bearing last time. That might be a factor in the leak, although it sort of looks like it is leaking around that orifice on the inlet which I think has a gasket to the cold collector box but not to the inducer fan.

I opened up the cold collector box, nothing clogged in there, only a couple tiny specs of debris after 18 years or so.