Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

WM97+70

Options
Punkerton
Punkerton Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Domestic Hot Water
My husband and I moved into our house in May. On move in day, we had a gas leak with our WM97+70 unit. After 3 weeks of waiting for parts to come in, we were finally able to have it maintenanced and have the faulty valve replaced. Saturday, the display screen lit up red and we shut off the unit. I have been trying to research how to fix it. When turning it on, it starts up and goes through Modulation and starts to Pre-Purge. Once, it completed pre-purge cycle. The pump doesn't seem to be turning on to push the hot water throughout the house. It is saying outdoor sensor lockout. I checked the box outside and it doesn't seem damaged and all wires are connected. Then I made the mistake of setting the system to the proper date and time and now when I try to turn it on, it just turns red, says maintenance lockout and stops.I have read through the manual and re-read anything that seems pertinent to no avail. Any tips and tricks are appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Water pressure in the boiler. more than 12PSI or 20ft.? first reaction. will research more and get back to you

First is that you programmed the date. you will need to input "Next Date" DD/MM/YY to get the system to operate. It needs to know that there is time left on the clock before the next scheduled maintenance.

Will be back with the next fix.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    Options
    How far away from the boiler is the outdoor sensor? (not by the crow flys) total wire length!
    If it is really long, there may be an adjustment needed.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?