Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Drain/refill system 2000

kamilran
kamilran Member Posts: 2
Hello Everyone. I need help/guidance with my 2000 system. I need to drain the antifreeze to work on some pipes and then recharge it. Anyone can help me how to
do it right way? I couldn’t really find good instructions/video that would show me exactly how it has to be done.I know that to drain I will have to close the 3 valves I won’t be using- on a right. Do I need to do anything else? 

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    Well, it may not be a job for you. Which pipe? That will determine if you need to drain the entire system and test it to see if you are saving it, boosting it or properly disposing of it.
    Then after your repair you're going to need at least a pump and some buckets, or make/buy/borrow a flush cart to properly fill the system with the correct glycol mix.

If it's just a pipe on a zone, you may be able to isolate the just that zone into a bucket, and pump that back into the boiler.
    Do you have to use glycol in the system?
    steve
  • kamilran
    kamilran Member Posts: 2
    Im just working on 1 zone. I don’t even think I need glycol. I always have heating on and I think they did it because old owners just had it. Can I just drain that zone and then add water via the valve?
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Doesn't appear to be isolation valves above the zone valves. That could make it rather difficult.