Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

G115WS how many immersion wells? Swap to R2107 from aquasmart

vilord
vilord Member Posts: 48
Ahoy!
We have an Aquasmart control on our G115WS/5, which would work just fine for efficiency management if we just had a one-temperature system, but we have both in-floor radiant and fin tube baseboard, and the boiler run profile for the two systems is quite different.
I'm converting to R2107.
Does the G115WS have two immersion wells? I see that the R2107 has two temperature sensors, one for high limit and one for automatic operation. Do they both go into a single immersion well? Will they fit into the immersion well the aquasmart currently occupies?

If I need a different immersion well, does anyone have one floating around on their truck?
Thanks!

Comments

• heathead
    heathead Member Posts: 237
    I think it is all one immersion well. Look at installation instruction for the r2107, I think they go in together.
  • vilord
    Yeah I was looking at the install guide for both the 2107 and the g115, and they only show one immersion well, but even on the section for the R2107 install, it only has one wire coming out of the hole :)
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 6,047
    edited October 2020
    Both sensors go in the same well. You'll see they're triangulated to form a semicircle. Comes with a little twist tie. You will need the well specifically for the 2107 with the G115. The Aquasmart well won't  do it.

It's also nice to see someone using the 2107 to its potential.  A lot of people think they're scary.
  • vilord
    I'm still gathering the parts, but it will be nice once everything's set up as it should be.
    I'll add a 2107 immersion well to the list.
    Still need to find an FM244 solar module, now discontinued, or alternatively find a way to connect the tank's upper temp sensor
    to both the 2107 and the standalone solar controller.
    It seems there is no way to set up the 2107 with external DHW control.
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,796
    Every time I have installed a 2107, a new well comes in the box.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    vilord
  • vilord
    I haven't opened the box yet :) Was waiting to get the rest of the parts before scheduling my installer to come back out (also trying to wait out covid...).
    One less thing :D