Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help with old Capitol Gas boiler


My father has a capitol gas boiler in his house and from the best he can tell it is from the 1940's
It is leaking water into the coupling area I believe its called . Where you would normally pull a amall square cover to oil the area.
I have helped him work on this many years ago.
But not sure what would be involved exactly with the fix. There appears to be a flange gasket but I assume there is also a round seal around the shaft or maybe just packing that needs replacing.
Any advice or direction for parts would be great.


  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Some pictures further back would help. That pump could probably be repaired, but it also probably would be inexpensive to replace if we knew what the system was like it was moving water through. There is a shaft seal there, probably flange gaskets but we can't see the flanges in the picture.
  • Steamhead
    Steamhead Member Posts: 16,843
    @BigJack , where is this located?
    All Steamed Up, Inc.
    Towson, MD, USA
    Steam, Vapor & Hot-Water Heating Specialists
    Oil & Gas Burner Service
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Bearing seal is leaking . Need a new bearing assembly . Looks like a small B&G 100 or Armstrong . The parts are interchangeable .

    There was an error rendering this rich post.