Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Energy Kinetics Service

I'm contemplating replacing my WeilMclain boiler with an EnergyKinetics/System 2000 system, based largely on recommendations I've seen here over the years. There only seems to be one authorized EK service company in my area, and they are a good 40 minutes away from my home. I'm happy with the service I get from my current oil delivery co., but they are not an Energy Kinetics co.

Can anyone comment if I should be concerned about having limited access to EK help? Can a good general boiler technician handle most service needs for these systems? I'm reluctant to put my eggs all in one basket. Thanks.

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    40 minutes doesn’t seem far. I’d contact EK, or wait for them to respond here.
    Maybe your oil company may have some techs trained on EK'S or maybe they’ll be motivated to get some training
    steve
  • Roger
    Roger Member Posts: 329
    Thank you for your question and for your interest in trusting System 2000 to reliably hear your home,@WalnutFarmer !

We work with all heating professionals, and if an oil company is familiar with oil burners and service, they should have no issues with our equipment - especially with our illustrated annual tune up guides and our ready support.  Your confidence in your current oil company is a good sign that they are a quality company.  We ask that if a heating pro hasn’t figured it out in 20 minutes, they should give us a call at (800) 323-2066 and connect with our tech support hotline. 

Is likely that we know your current oil company, and that they may have train techs as well.  Please call the number above to connect with your territory manager to find out more and how we may be able to answer other questions you may have. 

Best,
    Roger

President
    Energy Kinetics, Inc.
    Erin Holohan HaskellJellis