Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

When is the best time to perform a boiler combustion analysis?

Options
HeatingHelp
HeatingHelp Administrator Posts: 638
edited September 2020 in THE MAIN WALL

When is the best time to perform a boiler combustion analysis?

So, when is the best time to perform the combustion analysis? Like almost every question asked in this industry, the answer is “It Depends.” Consider the advantages and disadvantages of each so that you may decide which is better for you.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Bill_Kitsch69
    Bill_Kitsch69 Member Posts: 48
    Options
    Absolutely: under heavy load at steady state.
    Low-load times take her to 0-smoke (oil), or 0-CO (gas) respectivley as possible.
    Steady state combustion must be reached to perform analysis in any case..
  • dopey27177
    dopey27177 Member Posts: 887
    Options
    Each time a service technicians services the boiler and burner.
    Aside from that the service tech should check all controls on the burner and boiler.

Jake
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 907
    Options
    I always liked the service techs that would perform a combustion analysis on a cold boiler and later find that their readings were bogus. When I was sent out to perform a combustion analysis on a multiple boiler job I would shut off of 1 or 2 of the boilers or cut back their input to control the steam pressure and allow the remaining boiler to assume the full load as long as the steam pressure did not collapse. I could fire the burner at it's maximum input for an extended period of time to make sure that that boiler was at maximum heat and temperature before I would start my analysis. The remaining boilers could make sure that the steam pressure did not fall to a critical level that would affect the operation of the buildings . Readings were always taken at multiple firing rates from maximum to low fire. The customer was paying for a good job and that was what he got.

Of course the boilers I serviced may have been a lot bigger than what most of you guys worked on but the affect and the customers satisfaction was critical.