Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien NHB-80 Maintenance

Andrew_D
Andrew_D Member Posts: 6
I have a Navien NHB-80 that is about a year old, its currently showing an E-02 error due to water pressure (Navien is replacing the sensor) so hopefully that fixes the issue, but it has caused me to think of what maintenance parts/items i should keep on hand because my wife isn't fond of waiting days for parts. Its a closed system and is running filtered water in the heating/dhw loops. I still plan on checking the air/water filters yearly. I'm on the fence on descaling the heat exchanger because we aren't running city water through it (and its a closed system). If anyone has a list or recommended maintenance items that typically require replacement or are prone to failure please comment so I can build up a repair kit. Attached is a PDF pipe/electrical diagram of the system. Thanks all!

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,937
    edited August 2020
    I would recommend every owner of a condensing boiler to buy the repair kit. So you don't have to wait for any part not stocked by the distributor . Or build an relationship with an repair company that does ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Andrew_D
    Do you have a part number? I'm not familier with what they entails. I ordered the following for my 'repair' kit. If they have an official kit I didn't see it anywhere. these items were around $125, cheap insurance for when they need replacing.

Navien 30014699A Water Pressure Sensor (LWCO)
    Navien 30010238A APS (Air Pressure Sensor)
    Navien 30010455A Ignition Transformer
    Navien 30014189B NHB Flame Rod Assembly
    Navien 30009478A NPE Exhaust Thermistor
  • Big Ed_4
    edited August 2020
    Thats a good start .. Flame rods and igniters are the norm and I normally change out on any cleaning ...I believe yours are one of there same .. I stocks so many , I never just buy one ...old school

• Andrew_D
    Hey I appreciate it - if you think of anything else please comment. Would you recommend igniter and flame rod each year?
  • Big Ed_4
    no