Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tankless Heater Error

Options
TheMetcalfs
TheMetcalfs Member Posts: 4
edited August 2020 in Domestic Hot Water
Hello! New here, not sure if this is the right place to post. We just moved into a home with an older tankless water heater made by a brand that doesn't exist anymore. A few days back it stopped working and starting giving an error message of 11, with an occasional 12 thrown in.

The company that installed it came out and said they thought it was the ignitor that was failing. Based on my research I thought so too, but I passed on their $ repair bill and changed it out. After replacement, the same issue persists.

The system has been in place for quite a while so I know all the components are installed correctly. We are on propane gas and the tank is mostly full. I've cleaned off the heat rods with sand paper as well.

Any other thoughts on whats going on? I'm trying to avoid another call to the service company, but not finding much online since the brand doesn't exist anymore.

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,435
    Options
    What is the make and model?
  • TheMetcalfs
    Options
    Its called a "GoHot"Model #751-DV
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,416
    Options
    Where are you from?
  • TheMetcalfs
    Options
    We live in Northern Colorado.
  • HDE
    HDE Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Its a Noritz tankless rebranded by Ben Franklin Plumbing.
    Never understood why they and Noritz would do that and cause the confusion
    TheMetcalfs
  • TheMetcalfs
    Options
    Thanks HDE. I was able to find a manual tucked in the wood mounted behind the unit to confirm that! At least now I can search easier. Still haven't been able to solve the issue, but ordered a new flame rod setup and have already replaced the igniter. If that fails...probably time to look at a new unit